Ripple has announced it will host Swell: The Future Is Here conference from October 16 to 18 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, according to an email CoinReport received from The Hatch Agency, the PR firm of Ripple.
The event is attracting leaders from blockchain and banking who are determined to change the way the world moves money today. Payment specialists and industry notables will get together to talk about trends, real-world blockchain use cases and success stories of blockchain implementations to meet changing customer demands for worldwide payments.
The conference will feature keynote addresses from ex-Federal Reserve System Chairman (2006-2014) Dr. Ben Bernanke and World Wide Web inventor Sir Tim Berners-Lee. Dr. Bernanke will be interviewed by Gene Sperling, National Economic Council director and National Economic Advisor under Presidents Clinton and Obama (1996-2001, 2011-2014).
Confirmed speakers include (full agenda to follow):
- Kristen Michaud, Managing Director, Treasury Operations, GE Capital
- Arak Sutivong, Head of Strategy, Siam Commercial Bank
- Ed Metzger, Head of Innovation, Banco Santander
- Amit Sethi, President and CIO, Axis Bank
- Rahul Pai, COO, UAE Exchange
- Dharmesh Desai, Group EVP, Yes Bank
- Marwan Forzley, CEO and Co-Founder, Veem
- Brad Garlinghouse, CEO, Ripple
- Stefan Thomas, CTO, Ripple
- Dilip Rao, Managing Director of APAC, Ripple
- Takashi Okita, CEO, SBI Ripple Asia
- Nobuo Ando, Representative Director, SBI Remit Co., Ltd.
- Brian Behlendorf, Executive Director, The Hyperledger Project
The event will take place at Airship37, 37 Parliament St, Toronto. According to the event’s website, it is an exclusive, invitation-only event.
Ripple logo via their Press Center