At the 2016 Consensus blockchain conference last week, Bloq revealed its first product: a multi-pronged blockchain software solution that allows enterprise users to create, update and analyze their own public, private and permissioned blockchains.
The product, called BloqEnterprise, will serve as a blockchain OS for private and public blockchains.
According to a press release, BloqEnterprise includes the following components:
- BloqRouter: the world’s fastest, most secure bitcoin full node, with a hardened Bitcoin Core fork and option to switch to Bitcoin Classic (BIP 109);
- BloqView: a network-level “weather report” dashboard featuring data analytics and anomaly detection for public and private blockchain networks that answer key clients’ key questions;
- BloqSLA: an enterprise-grade Service Level Agreement for 24-7 support; and
- BloqThink: a high-level strategic professional services component.
BloqEnterprise uses a trustless build architect, which Bloq co-founder Jeff Garzik said in the press release is “the most hardened build infrastructure in fintech.” It uses Gitian technology to demonstrate to customers the impossibility of a back-door vulnerability or hack. Hot fixes are delivered within hours, with significant updates taking place two or three times annually.
In a separate press release, the Chicago-based Bloq announced prominent new members to its team, as well as the creation of its board of advisors.
Andreas Schildbach – a fixture in the blockchain community (he developed the first Android bitcoin wallet) has joined Bloq as a developer. The company also welcomed former Yale University statistician and Truthcoin chief scientist Paul Sztorc as an economist.
Bloq’s newly formed advisory board is made up of the following individuals:
- Gavin Andresen – Bitcoin Core Developer, MIT Digital Currency Initiative;
- Andrew Filipowski – Chairman of Tally Capital, and Founder and former Chairman and CEO of Platinum Technology;
- William Mougayar – General Partner of Virtual Capital Ventures, author of The Business Blockchain;
- James Newsome – Founding Partner of Delta Strategy Group, Chairman of the CFTC (2000-04), and CEO of the New York Mercantile Exchange (2004-08); and
- Nick Szabo – Cryptographer, Digital Currency Researcher and Smart Contracts Pioneer
“Each team member and advisor brings incredible knowledge and experience, providing immediate impact to Bloq,” said co-founder Matthew Roszak in the press release. “These new additions signal our commitment to building the future of blockchain with the brightest minds and best talent.”
Image via press release